Monday, September 20, 2010

two surprise gifts from hubby~

Who doesn't like surprises? Or a gift? And especially if it's from your loved ones! :)

This afternoon my loving husband went to pick up few things from the store and brought me TWO gifts! One was very interesting and thoughtful and the other was very sweet~

Gift 1. Venus Flytrap (Click here for Wiki)

I HATE bugs. I SCREAM and RUN when I see a flying insect. Another reason why my dad doesn't want me to drive. He is worried that I will crash my car if I see a fly or a bee! Haha.



Anyways, recently we've been dealing with a lots of house flies so my husband got me Venus Flytrap! It EATS flies! It looks pretty scary with all those pointy things but love the color. Can you imagine that this plant can actually catch & eat flies? For fun my husband poked one of the mouth with a chopstick and it actually closed in less than a second. Seriously gave us goosebumps! Can't wait for these guys to catch and eat bunch of flies!!! DIE FLY! DIE!! :)




Gift 2. New York Cheese cake & Tiramisu Coffee cake



They are from Anna's Cake house. I love their cakes. Yum~ We ate them all while watching "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time". I didn't expect that much from this movie but it was pretty darn good~ :)

Now you go grab some sweets and enjoy a movie with your loved ones~

Thanks hubby for such a sweet & thoughtful gifts!

4 comments:

Justine said...

LOL! korik bought that exact same fly trap a couple weeks ago.. he poked it with his finger and screamed like a girl when it 'bit' him xD

miran said...

OUCH! He is so brave... I can't even have my finger near that thing! Has it eaten any flies yet? Haha

Justine said...

i *think* so.... i haven't seen it eat any, but there's usually a lot of fruit flies, and not so many since we got it.. so i don't know if it's a coincidence or it ate them??

Lisa said...

I'm going to come over and feed your plant. :D